This week, I'm not sharing a completely new recipe. I'm sharing a wonderfully delicious side dish that you can bring and enjoy at any family gathering. Or enjoy at home by yourself! If I haven't already said it enough, I love veggies! A lot. I love Brussel sprouts and this is a yummy way to serve them. This is a great appetizer or side dish and it's easy to make. So, along side those cookies from last week, add this to your menu.
10 slices of bacon
10 Brussel sprouts
Salt & Pepper OR brown sugar & maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut your sprouts in half.
3. Cut each slice of bacon in half.
4. Wrap one piece of bacon around each sprout snuggly.
5. Secure with a wooden toothpick.
6. Place each one on a lined baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle the sprouts and bacon with salt and pepper to your liking. If you want them sweet, you can sprinkle brown sugar and maple syrup to your liking.
8. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and gently turn them over.
10. Place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the sprouts are tender.
Tag @hbgcommunity and use the hashtag #hbgblog and #hbggirls to share if you liked them better sweet or savory. I like them both ways and they are both easy!