Ahh...this time of year always comes with so many sweets. I love cookies, but most cookie recipes are full of bad ingredients. Not that you can't indulge in them sometimes, but I always feel much better when I am eating a healthier version of a cookie. Also, I absolutely love peanut butter. So, these cookies are just the best.
1 cup blanched almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp peanut butter
Dash sea salt
4 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp raw honey
Dark Chocolate Hershey's Kisses
Coarse sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients.
3. Add the melted butter and honey. Mix well. I use a Kitchen Aid mixer so the ingredients are combined well.
4. Place 1-inch balls on lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
6. While the cookies are baking unwrap the Hershey's kisses.
7. Remove and quickly press a Hershey's kiss into the center of each cookie. If you want to sprinkle sea salt over top, do so once you are done with the chocolate.
8. Let cool and enjoy!!
Try making these for a family gathering and have everyone enjoy some healthy treats. I hope you love them! Tag @hbgcommunity and use the hashtags #hbgblog and #hbggirls to share about the cookies you made. If you have any healthy cookie recipes, please share those with everyone too! I'm sure we would all love to have a recipe book of healthy sweets!