I love breakfast foods, but I find that there are a lot of unhealthy options out there. Sure, it is quick and easy to make muffins out of a box. However, wouldn't you rather eat a muffin that still tastes great and is also healthy? Theses muffins are still easy to make and you don't have to feel guilty eating them. My favorite time to make these is on a morning when I get to sleep in and head to the kitchen in my pajamas. Then, I can sip of some delicious coffee and create these yummy muffins. Here is the recipe!
2 medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 1/4 cups coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place muffin liners in your muffin tin.
3. Put your mashed (mash them until they are smooth) bananas into a mixing bowl and add in the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, almond milk and maple syrup.
4. Next, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a separate bowl.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture into the banana mixture until combined.
6. Finally, stir in the coconut oil.
7. Pour the batter into the muffin liners until they are evenly filled.
8. Place your muffin tin in the oven for 20-24 minutes until golden brown on top.
I hope you enjoy these healthy little muffins! Tag @hbgcommunity and use the hashtags #hbgblog and #hbggirls if you made these and loved them!