Ahh...who doesn't love a perfect nights sleep? Waking up in the morning feeling perfectly refreshed is so amazing. I know most of us try to fit more into our day than time tends to allow. But, you should try to make sure you prioritize a good nights sleep. Your body is going to love you a lot if you do. Sometimes it is hard to put yourself first, but sometimes you need to. Here are some things that I do:
1. I have a bedtime routine and I look forward to it. Your body will start getting into your routine and crave it! My routine is simple, but effective for me. First, I wind down from my day by watching some mindless TV. Then, I take a shower and brush my teeth. I sit down and reflect on my day and plan my day ahead. Say my prayers and get comfy!
2. My bedroom is always cold and dark. It makes a perfect environment for me to sleep in.
3. I work really hard at going to bed at the same time each night so my body anticipates sleep! I even have a bedtime alarm to remind myself to get in bed and stop what I am doing.
4. Exercise. Exercising during the day helps your body in numerous ways and even when it comes to sleeping. It helps make your body tired and ready for bed.
5. I avoid caffeine in the evening. This way, I am not laying awake in bed.
I know these all seem simple, but keeping in the routine of this every single night can be hard. Try to see if you can get yourself some well deserved sleep! I hope you can create your own routine and share any tips you have. Tag @hbgcommunity and use the hashtags #hbgblog and #hbggirls.