I know on Monday, I talked about goal setting for this new year ahead. Now, I want to share some tips to starting your year off on the right foot! If I missed any great tips, please tag @hbgcommunity and use the hashtags #hbggirls and #hbgblog to share how we can all make this our best year yet!
1. Move your alarm clock away from your bed so you are forced to get up and get going on your day.
2. Organize your workspace at the end of each day. Starting your morning organized is refreshing.
3. Start work early. You are most productive in the beginning of the day so try to get going first thing in the morning. If I wait around to get my tasks done until the end of the day, it can be so stressful.
4. Start a journal. I love looking back on what I was doing, thinking and planning. Take some time each day to journal. It can be so relaxing too! It is a great way to decompress from your day or a great way to start your day.
5. Focus on making memories. Over the years, I have learned the value of memories. I want to focus this year on making memories with my kids and family. For an example, as a family, we decided no birthday gifts this year. Instead, we let the birthday person plan a day for all of us to go out and make memories doing things we love with each other.
6. Spend time together, intentionally. At the end of each month, we are going to sit down and plan family date nights when we all get together for a fun activity. Then, plan date nights for just the two of us! If we don't plan ahead, we end up running out of time to do things like this together.
7. Use your best yes! Work on saying yes to the important things in life and saying no to things you don't have time for. Don't overwhelm your schedule.
8. Eat meals at the table. I imagine we are all guilty of eating dinner on the go, in front of the TV or even at different times. Let's be mindful of sitting around a table and eating together.
9. Create a meal plan. I have to work on planning my meals ahead of time so I can succeed. Otherwise, I ended up unhealthy food because it can be more convenient to make or grab on the go.
10. Take naps. Give yourself a break sometimes and take a well-deserved nap.
Well, that's just 10 tips for making 2017 your best year. I’m sure there are an uncountable number of useful tips as we all head into this year. Share yours with us!
CONNECT WITH US